Many users are interested how to remove the Google Duo app on their phone. And indeed, there are often a huge number of applications that are not used installed on our devices. One of them is Google Duo.
What is Google Duo
Google Duo is a modern, convenient video chat with high call quality for smartphones, tablets, laptops and computers.
Duo is good at everything, except one thing – it is not popular. And it lags far behind its direct competitors: WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, QQ Mobile and others.
It is beside the purpose to keep an unused application on your mobile device. It takes up space and consumes battery power by running in the background. In this article, we will look at how to remove Google Duo app from Android phone.
How to delete your Google Duo account
If you don’t plan on using the app anymore, it’s a good idea to delete your Google Duo account before you remove app from your phone. If the account is not deleted, then you may still receive notifications and alerts to the mail associated with this account.
Note! If you have linked a phone number to your Google account, then Google Duo may automatically register to the same number.
How to delete your Google Duo account:
- Launch the mobile application from the home screen. The shortcut can be located both on the main screen and be grouped with other Google services;
- Log in using your phone number. You will receive a 6-digit verification code;
- Open the menu by clicking on the icon with 3 vertical dots;
- Go to “Settings”;
- Select your account;
- Click “Delete Duo Account”;
- Confirm your decision by clicking “Delete” in the window that appears.
Important! If you delete your account, its history and settings will be permanently lost.
How to uninstall Google Duo app from your phone
Once the account has been deleted, you can proceed to the application. Removing Google Duo from a mobile device is usually done in the standard way. With rare exceptions, when a pre-installed application is built into the system.
How to uninstall the Google Duo App: Method #1
- Find the Google Duo app on your phone’s desktop. It is often grouped with other Google services;
- Hold it with your finger and start moving;
- A trash icon will appear at the top of the screen. You need to move Duo to the Trash and the app will be removed from your mobile device.
How to remove the Google Duo App: Method #2
- Open the smartphone settings by clicking on the gear icon on the desktop;
- Go to “Apps”;
- Then – “Manage apps”;
- Select Duo from the list;
- Click “Uninstall”;
How to uninstall the pre-installed Google Duo app
Some devices have pre-installed Google Duo app. It cannot be removed in the standard way. What to do?
The best option is to disable autostart, remove all permissions and notifications. The app won’t be deleted from your phone, but it won’t bother you again. You can do this in the application settings.
If you want to completely remove Google Duo from your phone, you need to get root-rights.
Important! Inexperienced users with root rights, in case of incorrect actions, can cause serious damage to their mobile device.
To get super administrator rights, you need a special application. For example, Framaroot or KingoROOT. Please note that rooting apps are not available in the official Google Market app store. You need to download and install it by using the apk file downloaded from a third-party source. Which in turn is also dangerous, since you can download a virus.
Once you’ve installed the app, you need to find the Google Duo files. You can do this with any file manager. You need to grant rights to edit the directory with the application and delete the Google Duo files.
Alternatively, you can use apps to uninstall pre-installed apps. For example, Root Uninstaller. You can find it and other similar applications on Google Market.