Two-Factor Authentication provides reliable protection for your Discord account from hacking. But there are certain situations when you need to turn it off. For example, if the user needs to log in and out of the account frequently. Also disabling Two-Factor Authentication may be required if you lose access to a mobile device that receives one-time login codes.
In this article, we will look at step-by-step instruction from which you will know how to disable Two-Factor Authentication in Discord.
Disabling 2FA in Discord
To disable 2FA in Discord, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account. This can be done in the PC program, in the browser version or in the phone application;
- Go to user settings by clicking on the gear icon in the lower left corner of the window;
- Click “Remove 2FA” in the “My Account” section;
- Enter the 6-digit code received from the authentication application (Authy or Google Authenticator). Or – enter an 8-digit backup code.
Important! Access codes must be entered without hyphens or spaces.
How to disable 2FA on Discord if you have no access to authentication app
If user has lost access to the mobile device with the application for generating codes, then you can do the following:
- If you are still authorized in any of the versions of Discord: in the program, in browser application or on a mobile device, then you can go there and see the current backup codes. For viewing may require a valid account password;
- You may have saved backup codes to your device when you enabled Two-Factor Authentication. You can easily find them using the search in your operating system. For example in Windows just open the search and enter the name of the file “discord_backup_codes.txt”;
- Or maybe you activated the SMS Authentication function. Then you can easily restore access to your account. If the phone is lost, then you should contact the appropriate company to restore the number.
None of this helped me
If you have lost access to the code generation application, there are no backup codes, SMS authentication is disabled, and there is no authorization in one of the versions of Discord, then, unfortunately, it is impossible to restore your account. All you can do is create a new one.