Users of Nokia Lumia, Microsoft Lumia and some other models which use the Windows Phone operating system sometimes occur an error 805a8011 when they try to open the Windows store, download or update apps.
Full text of the error:
There is a problem completing your request. Try again later.
Inquiring minds may find this error code helpful: 805a8011
When the error 805a8011 occur, you also can see on your Windows phone the following issues at the same time:
- Already installed applications cannot connect to the Internet;
- Unable to access E-mail and SMS;
- Internet works only in Internet Explorer browser.
Why error 805a8011 appear on Windows Phone? What to do to fix it?
Why Error 805a8011 is happens?
To date, the true causes of error 805a8011 are not known. On the official Microsoft website, there are many topics mentioning this error. However, unfortunately, it was not possible to find out the reasons.
Error 805a8011 – how to fix
However, by common efforts of users were found a number of actions that can help fix the problem that causes error 805a8011 in Windows Phone.
Follow these guidelines to fix error 805a8011 on Windows Phone:
1. Reboot your phone
Most problems are solved with a simple reboot of the mobile device. Just turn it off and on again. Perhaps the problem will disappear.
It is advisable to reboot the device after each completed action described below.
2. Free up space on your device
You need to free up space on your mobile device. Delete unnecessary files and data. This can be done both manually and using special utilities.
3. Use a different Internet connection
If you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, then try to disconnect from it and use a mobile network.
If you are using a mobile network, then try to do the opposite – connect to Wi-Fi. And check if error 805a8011 appears.
4. Synchronize date and time
You need to synchronize the date and time in the device settings. For this you need:
- Go to “Settings”;
- Open “Date and time” section;
- Manually set the current date and time.
5. Synchronize your Microsoft account
You must manually sync your Microsoft account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open “Settings”;
- Go to the “Email and Account” section;
- Touch and hold your Microsoft account;
6. Check phone update
Go to phone settings and check if there are new updates. If there are recent updates, then do it.
7. Fill in your Windows account information
Go to your account at http://account.live.com and fill in all the personal details, including: first and last name, date of birth, region, time zone.
8. Perform a factory reset
Most users who encountered with appearance of an error 805a8011 were helped by resetting the phone.
- Turn on your mobile device;
- Press and hold the Power and Volume keys (-);
- Release the keys as soon as you feel a vibration. The phone will reboot.
Check if this helped to fix an error 805a8011. If not, you will have to do a hard reset.
Before doing the procedure, you should make sure that on your phone is enabled synchronization, with which you can easily restore your data after a reset. If not enabled, then enable it. If you can’t do this, then you should manually transfer your data to another device or removable media.
To do a hard reset, follow these steps:
- Open phone settings;
- Go to “About Phone” section;
- Click “Reset”;
- Press “Yes” to confirm the procedure;
- Wait until the reset is completed.