Xiaomi’s phones Redmi and Poco, have a lot of pre-installed applications. One of them is GetApps. This is an app store from a Chinese developer. It’s a good analogue of Google Play Market. Users with a large number of apps on their mobile device regularly receive notifications, alerts, and promotional apps from GetApps that appear in the notification panel and even on the lock screen. And it is very important to install these updates. But if you are using an alternative app store, or if regular notifications interfere, you’ll probably want to get rid of them. And in this article, we will look at how to simply disable GetApps notifications.
How to turn off notifications from GetApps
There are 2 ways to quickly and easily turn off notifications from GetApps:
- Directly in the application;
- From the application management in the Android phone settings.
Let’s consider each of the methods in detail.
Disable GetApps alerts in the app
To disable notifications in GetApps, follow these steps:
- Run GetApps;
- Open “Me” section from the navigation menu at the bottom of the screen;
- Go to settings by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner of the application window;
- Set the slider to inactive for the following items:
- Update notifications
- Number of Updates on GetApps icon.
Hide GetApps notifications through app manage
The second way to disable GetApps notifications is universal, works for all applications:
- Go to the settings of your mobile device by clicking on the gear icon on the home screen;
- Go to “Apps” section;
- Then – “Manage apps”;
- Find GetApps in the list of applications;
- Open “Notifications”;
- Move the slider to the inactive state for the “Show notifications”. If you need to turn off any specific types of notifications, just check it.
In the app settings, you can also clear app data and stop GetApps completely if you don’t want to use it as the default for installing updates.